Do you want to be part of a yoga community that breaks down inequality and effects real change?
Then look out for our 2022 Step Up to Reach Out Mentorship Programme!
What the programme covers:
Intro to the Foundation’s values, mission, methodology and core classes.
How to teach yoga in a community setting.
How to teach chair yoga to students with reduced mobility.
How to teach effective and safe classes to students with a range of abilities and needs.
Group training sessions with your mentor and other mentees where you will explore different practical scenarios, practice teach and share your teaching experiences.
Observe, assist & teach Lumi Foundation community and chair classes with the support and feedback of your own personal mentor.
Evaluation of skills and experience gained, & understanding of what is required to teach for Lumi Foundation.
Our next programme: Coming soon in early 2022!
• Gain invaluable teaching experience in Lumi Foundation’s community and chair classes.
• Learn how to respond to a wide variety of students of differing abilities and needs – including how to modify classes to suit mat-based and chair-based students.
• Receive support and feedback from your own personal mentor throughout the programme.
• Practice teach, share teaching experiences and learn from other mentees.
• Gain a thorough understanding of Lumi Foundation – our mission, values, methodology and our classes.
• Be part of a friendly and welcoming community who will assist you throughout the programme.
• Receive a certificate upon successful completion of the programme.
• Mentees must have completed a 200 hours YTT programme (certificate must be provided).
• Demonstrate passion and enthusiasm for teaching yoga in a community setting.
• Commit to teaching for Lumi Foundation.
• Be London-based. Mentees should be committed to attending and teaching classes in west London during the mentorship programme and if they begin teaching for Lumi Foundation.
Joining Lumi Foundation’s teaching team
Successful completion of the mentorship programme is the first step in joining our teaching team. All Lumi Foundation teachers must participate in this programme so that we can ensure all of our teachers are well trained and have the necessary experience to teach at the Foundation.
The mentorship programme will give you an insight into what it is like to teach for Lumi Foundation. Attending the mentorship programme does not guarantee that you will automatically join Lumi Foundation’s teaching team.
To join our team, you will also need to demonstrate your commitment, passion and enthusiasm for teaching at Lumi Foundation. Recruitment remains subject to the needs of the Foundation at the time.